Family Information, Hawks Class, Friday April 17, 2017
- Next week: We will celebrate Earth Week! This week we will talk about ways to take care of our beautiful planet including recycling, turning off the lights when we leave a room and not littering. We will also make bird feeders out of pine cones and paint coffee filters to look like Earth.
- Science/Nature,Math: We will begin to learn about birds. If anyone has found an old nest in their yard this spring our class would love to look at it; just be sure there aren’t any birds living in it!
- Dramatic Play area: We are setting up a pizza restaurant! Our students can practice taking orders, making pizzas and salads and working at the cash register.
- Lunch time: Thank you for remembering to add either a “C” for cold lunch from home, or a “H” for hot lunch from school to our sign-in board each day. This helps the kitchen to have a count for the number of lunches to prepare for the day.
- Summer at St. Al’s: Please let us know if your child will be leaving us for the summer. We would like to be able to prepare for their transition.
- St. Al’s website: Have you had a chance to look at our website lately? Please take a moment to look on our webpage, under our tab “Pre K 1”. We have posted many photos of the children during their class time! You will also find our weekly newsletter. Site address: www.stalsschool.org
- Growing up healthy: Collect safe toys to help your child use large muscles! Use empty plastic water bottles as bowling pins, make beanbags by filling a sock part-way with dried beans and tying a knot, then use them to throw and catch!
- Reflection: Lord Jesus, you have risen indeed. Alleluia! We live in your presence. Let us rejoice always. Alleluia!
- Dates to remember:
- Monday April 17th – St. Al’s is closed for the Easter holiday
- Friday June 2nd – All-school fund run! Mark your calendars now to join us for the morning!
- Wednesday June 14th – last day of school for K-8
As always, thank you for allowing us to foster your child’s early learning experience! Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns or ideas!