Family Information, Hawks Class, Friday March 17, 2017
- Next week: We will be learning about the letter “Ss.” We will read stories, including The Very Busy Spider and Stone Soup, and create spider webs and cook soup! We will also add sand and seashells to our sensory table and talk about safety, adding a fire station to our blocks area.
- Familiar stories fantasy area: This will be a brand new theme for our class so we are looking for items for our students to enact The Three Little Pigs.
- Science/Nature,Math: This month we are continuing to learn about plants. This week we will see what happens when white flowers are placed in bottles of colored water.
- Teacher contact information: Thank you for partnering with us in your child’s early learning. Please always contact us with any questions, concerns or ideas you may have! Miss Kim’s classroom hours are: Wed. and Fri. 8-3:30. Her email is (new) firstname.lastname@example.org. Miss Nicole’s classroom hours are: M-F 9:15 to 4:30 and her email is email@example.com The school phone number is 489-7825 and our ext is 235. Miss Beth will be filling in on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- St. Al’s website: Have you had a chance to look at our website lately? Please take a moment to look on our webpage, under our tab “Pre K 1”. We have posted many photos of the children during their class time! You will also find our weekly newsletter. Site address: stalsschool.org
- Lost and Found: Please check the cubbies across the hall from ours, as there are many items there that have lost their home. Items left will be donated the first week of April.
- Growing up healthy: We are incorporating stretching into our morning circle time and how it is good for our bodies. Also, as the weather warms up we will be spending more time outside. Please have your child bring a light jacket or sweater; snow pants and other winter gear can (hopefully) be returned home now!
- Reflection: Jesus, help us follow you by showing love to others.
- Dates to remember:
- Friday March 24th, Class photo day
- Spring Break is April 3rd through April 7th. The ELC is open but please fill out the sign up sheet on our clipboard so we can staff accordingly.
As always, thank you for allowing us to foster your child’s early learning experience! Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns or ideas!
Miss Kim and Miss Nicole