As we welcome the month of March this week, I am amazed at how much our students have accomplished this school year. I believe our focus on educating the whole child has been at the forefront of all we have done this year. For instance, we are excited to go on an all-school field trip tomorrow to the play Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, produced by CYT. This highlights the development of the physical, emotional, spiritual and academic growth of each student. We are committed to providing our students a well-rounded education that will inspire them to be Godly leaders in their chosen fields.
The coming of March signals the preparation for next year and the ushering in of spring activities. I will highlight some important dates and activities below:
* Please join us for Skate night tomorrow February 28th from 5:30pm-7:30pm at Pattison’s North. All proceeds go to our 8th grade class trip.
* Registration for the 2017-18 school year will begin on March 20. Please make sure to have your account current, including payment of March tuition.
* For all families applying for fair share tuition, the Tap Grant is now open. www.nazarethguild.org. Please fill this out and have it ready to turn in at our fair share meeting which will take place toward the end of March. You will not be able to register without completing this step.
* We will be starting our after school Spanish program on March 13. The registration form is attached.
* The drama club will present the play Godspell on March 9 & 10, at Gonzaga Prep. Make sure to buy your tickets to watch this awesome performance. https://www.showtix4u.com/index.php?submit=Search+for+Events¤t_client=08410917011314907
ShowTix4U.com online ticket sales and box office system.<https://www.showtix4u.com/index.php?submit=Search+for+Events¤t_client=08410917011314907>
ShowTix4U provides online ticket sales for shows to schools, community theatres, and production companies using a simple online box office combo.
* Spring sport sign-ups will take place in the next couple of weeks. Watch for information regarding registration.
* Please turn in your uniforms for basketball by the end of the week in a bag marked with your child’s name. No uniforms will be accepted if not labeled.
This morning, we recognized the following students at Monday Morning prayer for their Acts of Mercy: Sam DePaolo, Kiara Wiyrick and Owen Miller.
In Christ’s Peace,
Week of February 21-24
This week we will be water coloring rainbows and reading Dr. Seuss books.
This week we will be learning about rain. We will talk about where it comes from and what the rain does for us.
This week we in preschool will be focusing on Dr. Seuss, since Thursday is his birthday. Throughout the week we will read a variety of his books and practice our rhyming skills. Children can bring their favorite Dr. Seuss book to share with the class.
The Hawks will celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday with activities, stories, art and the theatre production of The Cat in the Hat on DVD!
We’re talking about healthy foods and we’re going to write our own lists of healthy foods. Our letter is “O”. We will celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday as well.
This week Tigers will learn about the letter “Yy” followed by sound. We are also celebrating Dr. Seuss’s Birthday on March 2nd, followed by a “cat in the hat” craft and reading Dr. Seuss books!
Jen Zemke, ELC Registrar
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars
Feb 28- School Skate Night- See info below
Mar 1- Ash Wednesday All School Mass- 12:15pm at St. Aloysius Church
Mar 4 Novena of Grace begins at St. Aloysius Parish
Mar 9-10 Godspell Performances- see info below
Mar 10- Teacher In-Service Day- School Closed/ELC Open
Mar 15 Parent Advisory meeting
Mar 20 Current Families/ kindergarten registration packets available
Mar 20-21 Incoming Kindergarten meetings at 3:15pm
Mar 23- K-8th Class Picture Day
Mar 24- ELC/Mont Class Picture Day
Mar 29 Current Families/Kinder registrations due by end of business day
Mar 30- Parent/Teacher Conf 12pm dismissal
Mar 31- Parent/Teacher Conf 12pm dismissal
Apr 3-7 Spring Break-School Closed/ ELC Open
Important Notes & Reminders:
St. Al’s Skate Night: Come enjoy an exciting night of roller skating Tuesday, Feb 28, at Pattison’s North from 5:30-7:30. Cost is just $7.50 per skater. All proceeds support our 8th grade class trip.
Building the Future Capital Campaign: We mailed campaign information to our grandparent community last week. Please continue to pray for the success of our campaign. Your prayers are working! And, we are working hard to reach our goal!
Auction: We do not have expenses finalized quite yet, but our auction earned (grossed) approximately $120,000! We will share exact numbers as soon as we can. Thank you for attending and for all your hard work that helped make our event so successful!
WEBSITE: Godspell tickets are on sale now, visit our website to purchase today!
HEART ST. AL’s: Thank you sending us your Heart St. Al’s Photos! Keep them coming-they are promotional photos for our school! Send pictures of the upcoming Skate Night!
Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga. Share your photos with Anne Hesler at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
We will be offering one more Protecting God’s Children class this year. Date and time are TBD. Please stay tuned for more info!
If you have volunteer hours you need to complete this school year, here are a few ways to help you fulfill them:
* Watch the Monday News for upcoming opportunities.
* Ask your child’s teacher about take home projects and/or helping out with projects they need completed.
* Look through the categories listed on the Volunteer Hour Summary.
* Email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a friendly reminder that each Montessori and K-8 family with a full-time student is required to complete 20 hours of volunteer time per year, and Montessori and K-8 families with a part-time student are required to complete 10 hours of volunteer time per year. Hours are to be completed and submitted no later than Wednesday, June 14th. Any unrecorded volunteer hours will be billed out at the rate of $20 per uncompleted hour. We will be reviewing each family’s hours this week and emailing those who still have hours to complete.
Mr. Barfield has asked me to reach out to the community to help with collecting props and food items for the concession stand and production. Below is a link to sign up for concession stand items. Each item will have a volunteer hour value listed. When recording these volunteer hours for concession, please list them as the following:
* For concessions, record under the “baking/cooking” category
* For prop donation, please list them under “Events-other” and make note they are for the Godspell production.
List of props needed is attached as a PDF. Volunteer hours will vary per prop item donated.
Concession Stand Items Sign-up: https://mealtrain.com/n2736q
Thank you for all your help and support of this event! Please email Aleisha Webb at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Box Tops and Labels for Education:
The spring submission deadline for Box Tops is here! Please have your Box Tops turned in by tomorrow Tuesday, February 28. They can be submitted in a bag or either taped or glued (no staples please) to a collection sheet. New collection sheets can be found at the Box Tops/Labels for Education board located in the junior high wing. Here are the standings per class so far:
Montessori: 0 3rd: 249
KAM: 174 4th: 206
KALL:100 5th: 91
1st: 96 6th: 58
2nd: 0 8th: 35
Please remember to include your family name and grade when turning in either sheets or baggies of Box Tops or Labels for Education. When recording them for volunteer hours, 50= 1 volunteer hour. You are responsible for recording your own hours on the Volunteer Hour Summary. We do not record hours for your family.
* Please pray for the homeless in our community. May they find comfort and services they need during difficult times.
* For all of our school families and loved ones, that God will bless our lives abundantly with peace, joy, and healing, and fill us with His Holy Spirit.