“With heart and helping hands, a child can accomplish anything.”
Message from Principal Angie Krauss:
I would like to thank you for your support of our Parishioner Appreciation Masses. It was wonderful to see so many students taking leadership roles during Mass and extending their gratitude to our parish community.
This is an exciting week for our school as we kick off Catholic Schools Week. I would like to recognize the leadership class for all their hard work preparing activities for our students. We cherish the opportunity to celebrate our Catholic identity as a whole school community.
We appreciate all the sacrifices and work you do to make the gift of Catholic education possible for your child. I hope you can join us for the many activities we have planned this week and our annual auction on Friday evening. The schedule is noted below.
* Monday Jan. 30 – Community Appreciation Day
* Free Dress: Our Jesuit Community (GU, GPrep, St. Aloysius)
* Tuesday Jan. 31 – Faculty, Staff, and Volunteers Appreciation Day
* Free Dress: Hero (superhero, book, movie, spiritual, real life)
* Wednesday Feb. 1 – Nation Appreciation Day
* Free Dress: Favorite Sports/Team Jersey
* Thursday Feb. 2 – Student Appreciation Day
* Free Dress: Regular Free Dress Day!
* Friday Feb. 3 – Special Person’s Day
* NO Free Dress – best uniform!
* Specials Person’s Day will begin in the gym at 8:30 with time to socialize and hear a brief presentation. Then, guests will be invited to join their students in their classrooms before we leave for Mass. Mass will begin at St. Aloysius Church at 10:00.
* The Auction begins at 5:30 PM that evening! Hope to see you and your Special Person’s Day guests there!
We do still have seats available for the auction. Please register online TODAY or call the school to purchase your tickets. As always, please call if you have any questions. Happy Catholic Schools Week!
This morning, we recognized the following students at Monday Morning prayer for their Acts of Mercy: Callen Gallagher, Inga Carlson and Ben Tafoya.
In Christ’s Peace,
Week of January 30th-Feb 3rd:
This week we will be celebrating Catholic Schools Week and we will also be making snowflake prints using spools of thread and white paint.
Alongside Catholic schools week, we will be learning about Groundhog’s Day and making our own predictions in class.
This week in preschool our theme is dental health. We will learn about our teeth, how to keep them healthy, and how to avoid cavities. A dental assistant will be visiting the class to talk about the importance of brushing, flossing, and going to the dentist for a check up.
This week we will celebrate Catholic Schools week! We will make a patriotic project to decorate our door, and prepare for our special persons celebration on Friday!
This week we will be celebrating Catholic Schools week! We will discuss each day’s theme and prepare for special persons day on Friday!
Tigers will be learning about the letter “A” this week. We will be doing a sink and float activity with apples from home. Followed by a fun craft.
Jen Zemke, ELC Registrar
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars
J 29-F 4- Catholic Schools Week-See info above!
Feb 3- Special Persons All School Mass- 10:00am at St. Aloysius Church
Feb 3- St. Aloysius School Auction- 5:30pm at the Convention Center
Feb 16-17- Teacher In-Service Day- School Closed/ELC Open
Feb 20- President’s Day- School Closed/ELC Closed
Feb 28th- School Skate Night- More info to come
Mar 1st- Ash Wednesday All School Mass- 12:15pm at St. Aloysius Church
Mar 10th- Teacher In-Service Day- School Closed/ELC Open
Important Notes & Reminders:
Blessings Under the Bridge We have 10 spots available for Wednesday, February 6th. Please contact Pat Mills email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> if you are interested.
Building the Future Capital Campaign: We were blessed this weekend with the opportunity to promote our school and our capital campaign at all five Masses at St. Al’s Church. If you are a parishioner, you will be receiving a request for financial support this week. There is a lot of awesome energy around our campaign and building project right now! Watch for a visual display of our progress in the hall next week.Thank you!
HEART ST. AL’s: Thank you sending us your Heart St. Al’s Photos!!!! We look forward to using them in our auction slideshow.
Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga. Share your photos with Anne Hesler at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* Thank you for donating to our auction- we are truly thankful to all who supported this fundraiser.
* Auction doors open at 5:30pm. Silent auction begins 5:30pm. Tables will begin closing at 7pm.
* Check out our online catalog! We have so many wonderful items to bid on— Notre Dame football tickets, hotel packages, Gonzaga Men’s Basketball season tickets, a villa in Orlando, amazing baskets and more!!!!
* Buy a GOLDEN TICKET!!!
* Can you imagine winning tuition for the 2017/2018 school year? An entire school year for one child- no monthly billing????? All you have to do for this chance is buy a Golden Ticket.
* Golden Tickets are on sale now in our front office.
* Golden Tickets are $50 each.
* The winner will be announced at the auction.
* Winner does not need to be present to win.
* Buy as many as you want!!!!
* Golden Tickets have no cash value (not redeemable for cash)
Volunteer Opportunity: We have a fun volunteer opportunity coming up this week! Mr. Hanson is looking for a parent who likes people and is available this Wednesday, February 1, from about 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM at the Hemmingson Center on the GU campus. We will have a St. Aloysius table, and we are recruiting GU students interested in coaching baseball, softball, cross country, flag football, tackle football and volleyball at our school. We are taking names, phone numbers and email addresses. Please email Mr. Hanson at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> if you are interested!
The auction is this Friday, February 3rd! Aside from being our largest fundraiser of the year, it is also a very fun community building event. Below is a list of all the volunteer opportunities and dates that we will need help. Please email Aleisha Webb at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> if you are interested in helping.
* Thursday, February 2nd:
* Transportation: We will be loading items into a moving truck on Thursday morning at 8:20 AM (just after drop-off). We will need volunteers at school to load the truck and volunteers at the Convention Center to unload.
* Set-up at the Convention Center starting at 8:45am
* Silent Auction tables
* Friday, February 3rd:
* Clean-up after the auction (DOUBLE VOLUNTEER HOURS!)
* Monday, February 6th:
* We will need help unloading the moving truck full of auction stuff the morning of Monday, February 6th.
* Volunteers needed throughtout the week to help with auction “wrap up” jobs. Times TBD. Please email me with time frame you are available at email@example.com.
Box Tops and Labels for Education:
There have been a lot of questions lately about the Campbell’s Soup Labels/ Labels for Education, so here are some answers:
* YES, we are still collecting them! You can find 1 point, 5 point, and 10 point collection sheets available at the Box Tops/ Labels for Education board located in the Junior High wing.
* YES, the program is still going. It is however “winding down” unfortunately. This means that they are still accepting labels that are out there on products, they are just not producing more.
* YES, Labels for Education count for volunteer hours just like Box Tops. For every 50 you collect you can record 1 hour of volunteer time. (Please remember to label your bag/sheet with name and grade AND record your own hour on your Volunteer Hour Summary)
* Here is a picture of participating products that you can collect Labels for Education from:
* Rather than receiving a check like we do for Box Tops, Labels for Education has a product catalog that we can order from. Lots of really cool things in there including playground equipment and Visa gift cards!
Please email me with any other questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>. Thank you!
Right now Box Tops is having a huge bonus Box Tops promotion at Walmart. Walmart has tons of products for which you will not only get the Box Tops off of the box, but if you download the Box Tops app, you can scan your receipt and get an additional 5 Box Tops! This promotion will run until January 31st. To download the app go to:
* Please remember to include your family name and grade when turning in either sheets or baggies of Box Tops or Labels for Education. When recording them for volunteer hours, 50= 1 volunteer hour. You are responsible for recording your own hours on the Volunteer Hour Summary. We do not record hours for your family.
* Thank you to everyone who helped with our Parish Appreciation Masses and receptions last weekend! We were able to show our parishioners just how much we appreciate their love and support for our school!
* A special thank you to “SuperCuts” for facilitating the visit of “Boomer the Bear” during the Ewers “PE Teacher For The Day” event.
* Please pray for the homeless in our community. May they find comfort and services they need during difficult times.
* For all of our school families and loved ones, that God will bless our lives abundantly with peace, joy, and healing, and fill us with His Holy Spirit.