“May you shine the light of Christ in the new year.”
Message from Principal Angie Krauss:
I hope you had a very blessed Christmas break. I know my family enjoyed time together to celebrate Christ’s birth and have some time to rest and relax with loved ones.
We are looking forward to an active and fun filled month with many academic and extracurricular activities. I will highlight some of the activities this month:
* Basketball practices will resume and games will begin for all 5th-8th graders. Please see attached January practice schedule.
* Play practice will resume for our production of Godspell in March.
* More detailed information about our after school Spanish program will come out mid January.
* Students will be working on their class auction projects. Mark your calendars for the auction on February 3rd!
The weather is predicted to be very cold in the coming weeks. Please send your child with warm clothing. We will be going outside for recess unless the temperature is below 20°. Also, please look for information about school snow closures on the morning news and via our IRIS alert system. We will also post it on our webpage and Facebook account as soon as possible.
A special blessing of 2016 was the opportunity to work with your children and be in partnership with you to watch them grow their minds and faith in our precious Lord. Thank you for the opportunity to work with them daily, they are such a gift to our school. I hope your New Year is filled with many unexpected blessings!
In Christ’s Peace,
Toddler – This week we will be getting back to our regular routine. We will be developing our fine motor skills by playing with play-doh.
Early Pre – This week we will start talking about the new year and ask the children what they would like to do this year? We will be doing fun art projects with the color blue and a lot of gluing!
Preschool – This week we will be discussing the winter season. We will focus on the changes in the weather and all of the fun activities that we can do in the snow.
PK 1 – This week the Hawks are learning about the letter “Ww.” We will also play with snow in our sensory table, our Christmas house will change into a castle and we will start learning about dinosaurs in our Science area.
PK 2 – This week our theme is ‘Winter Wear’ and we will also be discussing the letter ‘Vv’.
PK 3 – This week Tigers will be working on the letter and sound of “Ee” They will find three to five things from home that start with the letter “Ee” and share with the class. We will also, be practicing writing our last names.
Jen Zemke, ELC Registrar
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars
Jan 5- All School Mass- TBA due to cold weather
Jan 11- Parent Advisory Meeting
Jan16- Martin Luther King Day-School Closed/ELC Closed
Jan 20- All School Family Dance- 6:30pm-8:30pm more info to come
Jan 27- Staff Appreciation Day
Jan 29- Catholic Schools Parish Appreciation Mass- 8:30am and 11:00am
Jan 29-Feb 4- Catholic Schools Week
Feb 3- Special Persons All School Mass- 10:15am at St. Aloysius Church
Feb 3- St. Aloysius School Auction- 5:30pm at the Convention Center
Feb 16-17- Teacher In-Service Day- School Closed/ELC Open
Feb 20- Presidents Day- School Closed/ELC Closed
Important Notes & Reminders:
Family Dance: Come have a great time with your family and friends! There will be dancing, food and tons of fun. January 20th from 6:30pm-8:30pm, hosted by the 8th grade class. More info to come.
Blessings Under the Bridge: We have 6 spots open for Wednesday, Jan 11th. If you are interested please contact Pat Mills at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. Our leadership class will be doing Wednesday, Jan 29th.
Building the Future (Advancing our Mission):
Capital Campaign: Happy New Year! Please give prayerful consideration to making a donation to our Building the Future capital campaign in 2017! We will be making a specific request for support to our awesome school families very soon.
Annual Appeal: This year, our goal is to raise $25,000 through our annual appeal so we can continue to provide the finest 21st century education by implementing:
* A classroom set of Chromebook laptops with a mobile charging cart
* Increased staff support for our technology curriculum
* An updated existing space designated for technology instruction and student use.
We ask that you prayerfully discern your gift amount knowing that every contribution, large or small, will positively impact our students. Thank you for your prayers, your steadfast support of our mission, and your continued generosity. God bless you! And, don’t forget to share the love and let us know how much you love St. Al’s! email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
HEART ST. AL’s: Please send us a photograph of you and your HEART St. Al’s postcard and we will print it to add to our bulletin board in the main office. Spread the St. Al’s love! Send photos to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. Thank you.
Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga. Share your photos with Anne Hesler at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Auction: The auction is ONE month away! Please turn in your donations for the auction by January 13th. The auction is Friday, Feb. 3rd. Tickets are on sale now, you can purchase them through our website. Visit our website and click on the auction button. Tickets can also be bought at the office.
* If you are recording hours in the “miscellaneous” or “other” categories, please remember to give a brief description at the bottom of the page. If no description is provided, the sheet will be returned to you.
* When recording hours, make sure to check that you are using the correct column (month and category).
Parish Thank You Mass:
The Parish Thank You Mass is the kick-off to Catholic Schools Week and will be held on Sunday, January 29th. This is a great way for our school community to thank the amazing parishioners of our church for all they do for us. We will be holding a reception in in O’Malley Hall in honor of the parishioners after both the 8:30am Mass and the 11:00am Mass. Below is a list of volunteers needed to help with the reception.
* Set-up at 7:30am
* Serve at 9:30am (help restock for 11:00am Mass)
* Serve at 12:00pm (help with cleanup after reception)
Homemade baked goods will also be accepted. If you are interested in donating items or volunteering for this fun event, please email Aleisha Webb at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Box Tops and Labels for Education:
* Please remember to include your family name and grade when turning in either sheets or baggies of Box Tops or Labels for Education. When recording them for volunteer hours, 50= 1 volunteer hour. You are responsible for recording your own hours on the Volunteer Hour Summary. We do not record hours for your family.
* Please pray for the homeless in our community. May they find comfort and services they need during difficult times.
* For all of our school families and loved ones, that God will bless our lives abundantly with peace, joy, and healing, and fill us with His Holy Spirit.