I wanted to extend our heartfelt thanks for your support of Operation Christmas Child. It is so wonderful the way our families toddler through eighth grade come together to help those in need.
I hope you have a very restful and special time with your loved ones over this Thanksgiving Holiday. I know when I reflect on my blessings, I am overcome with a sense of gratitude for my God, my family and the tight knit St. Al’s community. I am truly the most blessed principal in the world!
This morning, we recognized the following students at Monday Morning prayer for their Acts of Mercy: Joseph Warren, Addie DeCaro, Nicholas Souther, and Mrs. Mac.
Week of November 21st – 23rd
This week our focus will be Thanksgiving. We will be reading Thanksgiving books and discussing our families.
This week we are learning about Thanksgiving and what it means to be thankful.
This week in preschool we will continue our discussion about thankfulness. Everyday the children will share with the class something they are thankful for. We will also sing songs and read stories about Thanksgiving.
This week in the Hawks class we will continue assessments and learn about the first Thanksgiving. We will also make turkey prints and talk about what it means to be thankful.
We will continue our study of Thanksgiving and talk about what food is served on this day. We are busy working on our songs for the Christmas program and will start making Christmas art!
Tigers will continue learning about the letter “Tt” next week. Alphabet play dough we be our fun activity. Learning letters and making small words. We will close the week by sharing things that we are Thankful for.
Jen Zemke, ELC Registrar
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars
Nov 23: Thanksgiving Early Dismissal-12pm/ ELC Open
Nov 24-25: Thanksgiving Break-ELC Closed
Dec 1: Advent all school Mass-10:00 AM at St. Al’s Church
Dec 2: Picture Retake Day- 8:00am-10:00am
Dec 6: ELC/Mont Christmas Program
Dec 8: Immaculate Conception All School Mass- 12pm at St. Al’s Church
Dec 9: Teacher Luncheon
Dec 14: K-8th Christmas Program
Dec 15: Advent Reconciliation
Dec 19-31: Christmas Break- No School
ELC Open Dec 19th-23rd
ELC Closed Dec 26th-Jan 2nd
Jan 2nd: Christmas Break/Holiday-School and ELC Closed
Jan 3rd: School/ELC Resumes
Important Notes & Reminders:
Missing items: We have some students with missing jackets that are not in lost and found. Please be mindful to check the labels to make sure it is your childs. Any items left in lost and found will be donated the week after Thanksgiving break. Thank you!
Blessings Under the Bridge: If you would like to volunteer, please contact Mrs. Mills at email@example.com .
Uniform policy: Time to switch to winter uniforms! Students are no longer allowed to wear shorts or capris until Spring.
Parking Lot Procedures: Please be mindful of our parking lot procedures. Do not park in the fire lane. Remain in vehicle if you are in the student drop off zone.
Please do not park in designated staff parking lot. (Staff hours are between 6am
Operation Christmas Child: Thank you so much for all of your generous donations to the Operation Christmas Child, we were able to send out 77 boxes this year! Any surplus items will be donated to local Christmas charities.
Building the Future (Advancing our Mission):
Capital Campaign: We sent home new capital campaign brochures. Please let us know if you did not receive one, if you need more for spreading the word,or if you have any questions. We are nearing $1,600,000 on our way to $2,800,000 for Phase 2! Please let us know if you know an individual or business that may be interested in making a significant financial contribution to support our project. Email Cami Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga. Share your photos with Anne Hesler at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
Auction: Today, all families will be receiving their Auction Information Packet. Please be sure to read this to learn about your participation in our most successful fundraiser of the school year! Thank you for your support. If you have any questions, please contact Anne Hesler at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
Thank you so much to our wonderful leaf raking crew over the weekend! It took approximately 20 people 3 hours to clean up and haul away all the leaves on our property. Thank you to Jeff Hart and Miguel Garcia for coordinating, great job team!
Box Tops and Labels for Education:
* Watch for Box Tops on all the products you buy for your Thanksgiving dinner this year! This is also a great time of the year to talk to your family about what Box Tops/Labels for Education do for our school and encourage them to save their Box Tops/Labels for Education for you.
* Please remember to include your family name and grade when turning in either sheets or baggies of Box Tops or Labels for Education. When recording them for volunteer hours, 50= 1 volunteer hour. You are responsible for recording your own hours on the Volunteer Hour Summary. We do not record hours for your family.
* Remember to download the Box Tops app! Currently there are almost 30 different products many of us buy on a regular basis. The products listed will earn our school anywhere from 2-5 bonus Box Tops. http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
* In addition to earning our school bonus Box Tops, you can also save money at the same time. Here is a link to the current coupons available on the Box Tops website. http://www.boxtops4education.com/coupons
Baking for Volunteer Hours
* The next luncheon opportunity will be Friday, December 9th. If you are interested in contributing items please Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
The next luncheon opportunity coming up is Friday, December 9th. Please email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> if you would like to donate food items.
If you have contributed food to a luncheon recently, please remember to pick up your dishes. Thank you for all who helped out last week and brought in delicious food!
Christmas Program: Glorious Night
We are looking for items needed for the Christmas Program play, Glorious Night. We have a list below of needed items. If you are able to donate any of the items please email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> ,this will count as volunteer hours!
3 fake eyeglasses (3 = ½ hour)
3 fedora-style hats (3 = 1 hour)
3 stenographer-style notepads (3= ½ hour)
3 green gambler visors (3 = ½ hour)
35 new, white dish towels (10 towels = 1 hour)
3 plastic soldier helmets (3 = ½ hour)
3 plastic swords/spears (3= 1 hour)
4 brown wooden canes (with crooks) (2 canes = 1 hour)
*Please record these hours under K-8 Christmas Program and make a note at the bottom of the page which item(s) you donated. Thank you!
* Please pray for those dealing with cancer. May God’s healing grace bless them.
* Please pray for the homeless in our community. May they find comfort and services they need during difficult times.
* Please pray for all couples who would like to have children. May God bless them with His gift of life.