St. Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic School
November 7, 2016
“Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; His Love Endures forever.”
~ Psalm 107:1
Message from Principal Angie Krauss:
I hope you enjoyed the beautiful fall weekend! I want to let you know about three important things happening this week:
1. Today we will be sending home capital campaign brochures the include details about the progress we are making and the exciting news about Phase 2 of our campaign. Please contact us if you have any questions, and please spread the news that we are “building the future” here at St. Al’! Each person’s support and contribution to the campaign is vital in securing the future for the next 100 years of St. Al’s alumni. Thank you in advance for your support!
2. Next Monday, November 14, we will be begin our collection for “Operation Christmas Child,” a school wide service project. Your child’s teacher will be sending home a list of items that can be collected. Last year, our school community donated enough items to send over 60 boxes to children in need. Our goal this year is 100 boxes! This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to see how easily they can make a difference in another child’s life. We appreciate your support!
3. We are excited to have you join us for parent-teacher conferences this week. We will be conducting conferences on Wednesday and Thursday. Please contact Kelli Kelly at the front office if you need to reschedule your time. Each conference is scheduled to last 20 minutes. Please make sure that you are on time so that we can keep the schedule running smoothly for all involved. We look forward to partnering with you on how to make your child successful and feel Christ’s love, recognizing their God given abilities.
This morning, we recognized the following students at Monday Morning prayer for their Acts of Mercy: Ruby Weichman, Cameron Barbieri and Ben Tafoya.
I hope you have a very life-giving week, and I look forward to seeing each of you soon.
Toddler Room Teddy Bears:
This week we will watercolor on paper leaves to add to our bulletin board. We will also be raking leaves on our playground!
Early Preschool Chickadees:
This week we will be learning about Veteran’s Day. Our projects will be done in red, white, and blue!
This week in preschool we will be learning about harvest time, scarecrows, and squirrels. We will discuss how people and animals prepare for winter by harvesting crops and collecting food. We will also discuss the changes in nature during this time of year.
PK 1 – Hawks:
This week our letter of study will be letter ‘Yy’ with a focus on yellow and words that have the letter ‘Y’ in them! Our science theme for November is force and movement.
PK 2 – Bumblebees:
This week, the Bumblebees are going to continue to study Nursery Rhymes. We will do shape and letter art using watercolors.
PK 3 – Tigers:
Tigers will continue learning about the letter “Rr” and we will be singing “I’m a little rainbow” during circle time. Our fun craft will be painting rainbows with mixed primary colors!
Jen Zemke, ELC Registrar
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars
Nov 9th-10th: Parent/Teacher Conferences-No School/ELC Open
Nov 11th: Veterans Holiday-No School/No ELC
Nov 23rd: Thanksgiving Early Dismissal-12pm/ ELC Open
Nov 24th-25th: Thanksgiving Break-ELC Closed
Dec 1st: Advent all school Mass-10:00 AM at St. Al’s Church
Dec 2nd: Picture Retake Day
Important Notes & Reminders:
Blessings Under the Bridge: If you would like to volunteer, please contact Mrs. Mills at email@example.com .
Lost and Found: Our lost and found is full of student sweatshirts and jackets. Please look through it if your child is missing any clothing items.
Uniform policy: Time to switch to winter uniforms! Students are no longer allowed to wear shorts or capris until Spring.
Parking Lot Procedures: Please be mindful of our parking lot procedures. Do not park in the fire lane. Remain in vehicle if you are in the student drop off zone. Please do not park in designated staff parking lot.
Building the Future (Advancing our Mission):
§ Capital Campaign: New capital campaign brochures are being sent home today. Please read it and learn about our progress and exciting timeline! We are making progress with our major donor outreach! Please let us know if you know an individual or business that may be interested in making a significant financial contribution to support our project. Email Cami Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
§ Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga. Share your photos with Anne Hesler at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
§ Auction: Our next auction meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday, November 8, at 6pm. This is our annual procurement letter mailing meeting. Come join the fun!
Watch for your Volunteer Hour Summary to be coming home today. Please email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> if you have any questions or if your family is in need of a second Volunteer Hour Summary.
* If you are recording hours for coaching, please make sure to indicate the sport.
Hallowfest info: Photos that were taken at the Hallowfest photo booth will be available tomorrow! You may pick up your photo at the upstairs front desk.
Leaf Raking: Mr. Hanson is looking for volunteers the morning of Saturday, November 19, to help with leaf raking. We are planning to work 8 AM – 12 PM. Donuts and coffee will be provided. Please bring your own rakes! 🙂 Please contact Aleisha Webb if you would like to volunteer. firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
Box Tops and Labels for Education:
* Congratulations to the MAC class for being our September/October winner for most Box Tops collected! Hot chocolate party will be coordinated with Mrs. Mills 🙂
* Please remember to include your family name and grade when turning in either sheets or baggies of Box Tops or Labels for Education. When recording them for volunteer hours, 50= 1 volunteer hour. You are responsible for recording your own hours on the Volunteer Hour Summary. We do not record hours for your family.
* Remember to download the Box Tops app! Currently there are almost 30 different products many of us buy on a regular basis. The products listed will earn our school anywhere from 2-5 bonus Box Tops. http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
* In addition to earning our school bonus Box Tops, you can also save money at the same time. Here is a link to the current coupons available on the Box Tops website. http://www.boxtops4education.com/coupons
* Our school’s Box Tops total for the April-November submission is $523.90! Keep up the good work!
Baking for Volunteer Hours
The next baking for volunteer hours opportunity is tomorrow, November 8th!
Please email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> if you are interested in donating for this luncheon. List below are the items needed for 15-20 people:
* French bread-2 loafs pre-cut
* Crockpot of meatballs
* Crockpot of alfredo
* Parmesan cheese and a Caesar salad kit (2 please)
* Case of bottled water
These items can be dropped off as early as today after school or by 11 AM tomorrow morning. Thank you!
§ Please pray for those dealing with cancer. May God’s healing grace bless them.
§ Please pray for the homeless in our community. May they find comfort and services they need during difficult times.
§ Please pray for all couples who would like to have children. May God bless them with His gift of life.