I can’t believe Hallowfest is this Friday. Our students are excited to celebrate this wonderful community building event! Pre-sale tickets are now on sale at the front office and will also be available downstairs after 3:30. We still need lots of volunteers to man the booths so please let your teacher know what time slot you can work. Also, we need people to help set up on Thursday evening. Please contact Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help. It takes effort from each member of our community to make this event a success.
Please be mindful that every child must be accompanied by an adult to ensure proper supervision. This is not a drop-off and pick-up activity. We have so many children attend, we need parents present to assist and supervise every child.
The parent-teacher conference schedule was sent out last week. If you need to reschedule for any reason, please contact Kelli Kelly at the front office. We are excited to have this time to visit with you about your child’s growth, strengths and ways they contribute to our school community.
This morning, we recognized the following students at Monday Morning prayer for their Acts of Mercy: James Hesler, Molly Manfred and Lizzie Quesinberry.
Don’t forget, students may wear orange and black free dress on Monday, October 31.
I look forward to seeing you all this Friday at Hallowfest!
* Kindergarten Aftercare families please continue to turn in permission slips for filming. This is to help with the Schools Out Washington grant.
Toddler Room Teddy Bears:
This week, we will continue to explore the pumpkin patch that we set up in the toddler playground. They will also have the opportunity to carve pumpkins!
Early Preschool Chickadees:
This week, we will continue our pumpkin patch. We will be talking about Halloween, carving a pumpkin, and doing Halloween themed arts and crafts.
This week our focus is Halloween. We will read stories, sing songs, and enjoy many scary crafts during the week. Monday, October 31, we will celebrate Halloween with our class party.
PK 1 – Hawks
In the Hawks class, we will be working on letter ‘Hh’ with a focus on heaven, healthy and Halloween! We will also be starting our individual fall assessments, with a target completion date of Dec. 1st.
PK 2 – Bumblebees
This week, we will be learning about pumpkins. We will continue working on shapes, create Halloween art and focus on the letter ‘Zz’.
PK 3 – Tigers
“Happy Halloween!” Tigers will be learning about the letter “Hh” and reading fun harvest books focusing on letter sounds.
Jen Zemke, ELC Registrar
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars
Oct 28th: Hallowfest-5-8 PM
Nov 1st: All Saints/All Souls all Parish Mass- 12:15 PM at St. Al’s Church
Nov 2nd: Picture Retake Day
Nov 9th-10th: Parent/Teacher Conferences-No School/ELC Open
Nov 11th: Veterans Holiday-No School/No ELC
Nov 23rd: Thanksgiving Early Dismissal-12pm/ ELC Open
Nov 24th-25th: Thanksgiving Break-ELC Closed
Dec 1st: Advent all school Mass-10:00 AM at St. Al’s Church
Important Notes & Reminders:
* Poinsettia Sale: Our 8th graders are holding a poinsettia sale to help pay for their 8th grade trip. They are selling 3 different sizes. If you are interested, please pick up an order form at the office. All orders with payment are due by Thursday, October 27th.
* Hallowfest Candy: Each family is asked to donate 2 bags of small wrapped candy or individually packaged healthy treats that we use as prizes at Hallowfest. You can drop them off with Mrs. Kelly at the front desk at any time. Thank you!
* Blessings Under the Bridge: If you would like to volunteer, please contact Mrs. Mills at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> .
* Lost and Found: Our lost and found is full of student sweatshirts and jackets. Please look through it if your child is missing any clothing items.
Building the Future (Advancing our Mission):
* Capital Campaign: We are making progress with our major donor outreach! Please let us know if you know an individual or business that may be interested in making a significant financial contribution to support our project. Email Cami Carlson at email@example.com. ☺
* Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga. Share your photos with Anne Hesler at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
* Auction: Our next auction meeting is Tuesday, November 8, at 6pm. This is our annual procurement letter mailing meeting. Come join the fun!
* Volunteer Hour Summary: If your family is in need of more than one Volunteer Hour Summary, please email me. firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
* VIRTUS: If you have not renewed yet for the 2016-17 school year, YOU ARE DUE FOR RENEWAL. In order to stay active, please login to your VIRTUS profile and complete the “2016 Annual Online Update.” You are only required to attend the in-person VIRTUS training class once. If you did so this school year, you are up to date. If you attended the class before this school year, you must renew your VIRTUS certification on-line in order to volunteer around children in any capacity at St. Al’s. Thank you so much for your cooperation and all of your hard work! Please let either Meg Martens or myself know if you have any questions. Thank you!
* Leaf Raking: Mr. Hanson is looking for volunteers the morning of Saturday, November 19, to help with leaf raking. We are planning to work from 8:00am-12:00pm. Donuts and coffee will be provided, but please bring your own rakes. Please contact Aleisha Webb if you would like to volunteer. firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
* Box Tops and Labels for Education: Please remember to include your family name and grade when turning in either sheets or baggies of Box Tops or Labels for Education. When recording them for volunteer hours, 50 = 1 volunteer hour. You are responsible for your recording your own hours on the Volunteer Hour Summary. We do not record hours for your family.
* Remember to download the Box Tops app for exclusive deals on bonus Box Tops products! http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp.
* Keep up the good work turning in your Box Tops! We are getting closer to the next submission deadline – November 1. Please check the dates of your Box Tops and make sure they are not expired! Thank you!
* Volunteer Opportunity: I am looking for someone who would be interested in contacting the soup kitchens in our area to collect Box Tops and Soup labels. This would be an all year volunteer position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
* Baking for volunteer hours:
* Thank you so much for all of the delicious food that was provided for our wonderful teachers on Friday! I will have all containers and crockpots cleaned out and ready for pick up on Monday after school.
* Next luncheon will be held on Wednesday, November 8th. Please email me if you would like to help out! firstname.lastname@example.org.
* HALLOWFEST: We are only 4 days away from Hallowfest! Please join us for a fun filled family night on Friday, October 28, 5-8 PM. Please see attached documents for information on:
* Donating books
* Donating cookies/cupcakes
* Ordering Hallowfest tickets
* Booth sponsorships
* NEW! Hallowfest Committee: Because Hallowfest has so many fun activities that take place throughout the school, we are forming a Hallowfest Committee to make sure that the event is a success. As a committee member, you will supervise a specific activity/area to ensure that:
* it runs smoothly
* it is stocked with any needed supplies
* volunteer shifts are covered
* your space is cleaned up afterwards
Please email me if you are interested in volunteering in this capacity. email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Hallowfest tickets: Tickets go on sale today! Ticket order forms are available at the office or tickets may be purchased at the front desk with Mrs. Kelly during school hours or downstairs with Mrs. Mac after school. Not sure how many to buy? Please see attached food menu prices and game ticket prices to help you decide!
* Sign up sheets: Sign up sheets are posted at the office to sign up to help with
* Cotton Candy
* Glow Booth
* Kitchen help (cleaning tables, taking tickets for food, helping close down the kitchen)
* Cake Walk/Book Walk
* Set up: Thursday night starting at 6pm and we will meet in the gym.
* Class Booth Sign-Up Sheets: Hallowfest booth sign-up sheets are now posted outside each classroom. Please sign up to volunteer ASAP in order to get the shifts you want! ☺
* Volunteers needed!: I am in need of volunteers throughout the week to help me at school with misc. projects. Any time you can spare would be helpful! Please email Aleisha Webb if you interested in volunteering! email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Candy prizes: Each family is asked to donate 2 bags of small wrapped candy or individually packaged healthy treats that we use as prizes at Hallowfest. You can drop them off with Mrs. Kelly at the front desk at any time. Thank you!
* Be a BOOTH SPONSOR! Many sponsorship opportunities still available! There are two levels of sponsorship available. Businesses or individuals/families can sponsor the Glow Booth or the Haunted House for $100, any of the game booths for $50, or you can sponsor the Photo Booth for $50! We will post a “Booth sponsored by” sign recognizing your generosity.
* Halloween decorations: Mrs. Padon and the 7th grade class are looking for Halloween decoration donations that can be used in the haunted house. Please email Aleisha Webb if you have any questions!
* Please pray for those dealing with cancer. May God’s healing grace bless them.
* Please pray for the homeless in our community. May they find comfort and services they need during difficult times.
* Please pray for all couples who would like to have children. May God bless them with His gift of life.
* Parent/Teacher conference schedule
* Poinsettia order form
* Food ticket prices
* Game ticket prices
* Cake walk donor form
* Booth Sponsorship form
* Ticket order form
* Book Walk Donor form
* Parish Bulletin
St. Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic School