ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars
Oct 11th: Evacuation Drill- at 9:30am
Oct 11th: Auction kickoff meeting- 2:00pm or 6:00pm at St. Al’s School
Oct 12th: K-8 Individual Picture Day- Sunday best free dress
Oct 13th: ELC/Mont Individual Picture Day
Oct 14th: Teacher In-service Day-No School/ ELC Open
Oct 21st: K-8/ELC Teacher In-Service Day- School Closed/ELC Closed
Oct 28th: Hallowfest-Info coming soon
Nov 1st: All Saints/All Souls all school Mass- 10:00am at St. Al’s Church
Nov 2nd: Picture Retake Day
Nov 9th-10th: Parent/Teacher Conference-No School/ELC Open
Nov 11th: Veterans Holiday-No School/No ELC
Important Notes & Reminders:
- Hallowfest Candy: Each family is asked to donate 2 bags of small wrapped candy or individually packaged healthy treats that we use as prizes at Hallowfest. You can drop them off with Mrs. Kelly at the front desk at any time. Thank you!
- Blessings Under the Bridge: We have 4 spots left for Wednesday, October 12th. If you would like to volunteer please contact Mrs. Mills at email@example.com .
- Lost and Found: Our lost and founds is full of kids sweatshirts and jackets.
- School Night at the Spokane Chiefs: Saturday, October 15th @ 7:05pm. Tickets just $7 for lower level seats. See attached flyer on how to order them.
Building the Future (Advancing our Mission):
- Auction Kickoff Meeting: Please join us October 11th at 2:00pm or 6pm to begin planning our largest fundraiser of the year. Location St. Al’s classroom.
- New this year! Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga. Share your photos with Anne Hesler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Hour Opportunities:
- Volunteer Hour Summary: Watch for your Volunteer Hour Summary to be coming home today. Please look it over and make sure these points are correct:
- Family name: Is it spelled correctly? Does the name need changed or modified?
- Grade of youngest child: Your summary will be sent home with this child.
- Number of hours recorded: Is it correct? Is it recorded in the correct category?
Please make any needed changes on the summary sheet and return it by the end of the month. If your family is in need of more than one Volunteer Hour Summary, please email me.
- VIRTUS: If you have not renewed yet for the 2016-17 school year, YOU ARE DUE FOR RENEWAL. In order to stay active, please login to your VIRTUS profile and complete the “2016 Annual Online Update.” You are only required to attend the in-person VIRTUS training class once. If you did so this school year, you are up to date. If you attended the class before this school year, you must renew your VIRTUS certification on-line in order to volunteer around children in any capacity at St. Al’s. Thank you so much for your cooperation and all of your hard work! Please let either Meg Martens or myself know if you have any questions. We have only one more in-person training class scheduled for 2016! If you have yet to attend, please sign up for the class on October 20th at 5:15pm by emailing Meg Martens at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Hallowfest: Hallowfest is less than one month away! Please join us for a fun filled night on Friday, October 28, 5 -8 PM. Please see attached documents for information on volunteering, donating books, donating cookies/cupcakes, ordering tickets for Hallowfest, and booth sponsorships!
- Candy prizes: Each family is asked to donate 2 bags of small wrapped candy or individually packaged healthy treats that we use as prizes at Hallowfest. You can drop them off with Mrs. Kelly at the front desk at any time. Thank you!
- Be a booth sponsor! There are two levels of sponsorship available. Businesses or individuals/families can sponsor the Glow Booth or the Haunted House for $100, or any of the game booths for $50. We will post a “Booth sponsored by” sign recognizing your generosity.
- Halloween decorations: Mrs. Padon and the 7th grade class are looking for Halloween decoration donations that can be used in the haunted house. Please email Aleisha Webb if you have any questions!
- Baking for volunteer hours:We have 3 Baking for Volunteer Hours opportunities coming up!
- Thursday, October 13, St. Al’s will be hosting the Diocese School Principals meeting. We will need to provide breakfast and lunch items for 15 people such as:
- Fruit tray
- Crockpot of soup
- Green Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Bottled water
- Friday, October 21, we will have a teacher in-service luncheon. For this lunch we will need:
- Crockpot(s) of soup
- Green Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Bottled water
If you are interested in donating food items for either of these events, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Box Tops and Labels for Education: Please remember to write your family name and grade you would like credited when turning in either sheets or baggies of Box Tops or Labels for Education. When recording them for volunteer hours, 50 = 1 volunteer hour.
- Volunteer Opportunity: I am looking for someone who would be interested in contacting the soup kitchens in our area to collect Box Tops and Soup labels. This would be an all year volunteer position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Aleisha Webb at email@example.com.
- Please pray for those dealing with cancer. May God’s healing grace bless them.
- Please pray for the homeless in our community. May they find comfort and services they need during difficult times.
- Cake walk donor form
- Hallowfest Intro Flyer
- Booth Sponsorship form
- Ticket order form
- Book Walk Donor form
- Chiefs hockey school night flyer
- Parish Bulletin
- If you are in need of childcare on Oct. 14th for grades K-4, please sign up at the check in desk.
- ELC will be closed Friday Oct. 21st for Professional Development training for ELC staff.
- Kindergarten Aftercare families please continue to turn in permission slips for filming. This is to help with the Schools Out Washington grant.
Toddler Room Teddy Bears:
This week we will begin mixing yellow and red finger paint to make individualized orange pumpkin cutouts.
Early Preschool Chickadees:
Next week we will continue learning about fall. We will observe the changing of the trees by our playground, and do more fun fall projects!
This week we will focus on fire safety. We will learn about what to do in case of a fire, who to call for help, and how to stop, drop, and roll. We will also discuss firemen and how they dress to stay safe during a fire.
PK 1 – Hawks
Next week will be a busy week out of our class! Our letter of the week will be “Ll” and our focus will be on The Lord and leaves. On Tuesday we will take part in an evacuation drill, on Wednesday we will attend art class, on Thursday we will have individual photos and Soccer Tots, and finally, on Friday we will go on a field trip to Greenbluff!
PK 2 – Bumblebees
Next week the children will be working on their letter writing skills, learning how to make shapes, and making fall paintings.
PK 3 – Tigers
Tigers are learning about the letter Pp! “Pumpkins” crafts and counting up to 20.