Parent Information, Hawks Class, Monday September 5, 2016
- Next Week: We will begin our letter or theme of the week. “F” will be our first letter and our focus will be family, Fall, farm and fruit.
- Soccer Tots: We will begin a six week class, on Wednesdays starting next week, September 14th 9:35 to 10:10. Please be sure your child wears running shoes. If you have not already, please fill out a permission slip so your child may participate. The cost is $5 per week and you will be billed.
- Tuesday Sept 13th: We will have our monthly fire drill at approximately 9:40am. Please be sure to bring your child prior to or after the drill, as we cannot accept a child during the drill. This is for the safety of the children.
- Scholastic Book Orders: Thank you to those who have returned your order! We currently have $60 toward our goal of $300! Remember, we should receive approximately 50 books for our classroom if we reach our goal! Orders are due Thursday September 22nd. Visit the Scholastic website for more selections: www.scholastic.com/readingclub
Building the Future (Advancing our Mission):
- New Website coming soon… We are thrilled to announce that we are in the process of creating a new website for our school! Stay tuned for the official launch in September!
- Sept 6thParent volunteer training (Virtus)-at St. Al’s School 5:15pm, this training will be offered throughout the school year and is required of all who would like to volunteer in the classroom.
- Happy Birthday St. Al’s! Come one, come all to the 100th Birthday Celebration for our amazing school! On September 8, 1916, Saint Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic School opened its doors for the first time. In celebration of 100 years of excellence in Catholic education and faith formation, WE ARE HAVING A PARTY! Join us for a birthday picnic in our very own playfield! Hot dog dinner and dessert will be provided. Bring your picnic blankets and your grateful hearts! Party begins at 5:30 PM on Thursday, September 8. Let’s celebrate!!!
Thank you for allowing us to nurture your child’s early learning experience! As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or ideas!
Miss Kim and Miss Nicole