Family Information, Hawks Class, Friday September 16
- Absent or late arrivals: Please be sure to call when your child will be absent or late. This helps us to plan for our day. Our school phone number is (509) 489-7825 and our extension is x235.
- October dramatic play area: For the month of October, we will change our “Farmers Market” area to a “Fantasy” themed area. We are looking for donations of costumes or dress up clothing to add.
- Scholastic book order update: We are almost to our goal of $300 in orders! ($248) Once we reach $300 we will receive approximately 50 new books for our room! We have extra flyers in class, or you may go to www.scholastic.com/readingclub for more selections. Please turn in your order and payment to us by Thursday September 22nd!
- Next week: We will learn about letter ‘Aa’ and our focus will be angels, apples, agates and animals. For our small group science activity, we will be making individual apple pies!
- Soccer Tots update: We will be changing our day from Wednesday to Thursday, as we will have art class on Wednesdays.
- Upcoming events:
- September 17th, 9am VIRTUS (Code of Conduct) training
- October 11th, Fire drill
- October 13th, ELC individual picture day
- October 20th, 5:15pm VIRTUS (Code of Conduct) training
- October 21st, ELC closed, Early Childhood conference
- October 28th, Hallowfest
VIRTUS (Code of Conduct) Training: Please make sure you are current with VIRTUS training to be able to participate in volunteering. Please contact Meg Martens at email@example.com to sign up for one of these sessions or if you have any other questions.
Thank you for allowing us to nurture your child’s early learning experience! As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or ideas!
Miss Kim and Miss Nicole